Bisnode offers an online service where you can easily check your applicant’s credit information for €9.00 /person. You need your online banking credentials and the social security number of the applicant. The PDF report includes payment default entries (with dates), other remarks of payment (with dates) and the types of payment defaults. This benefit is available for both individual and corporate members (requires login with company banking credentials). Bisnode is a part of the Dun & Bradstreet Group.
Checklist for credit check
• You need the social security number of the applicant.
• Before signing a lease, you are entitled to perform a credit check which does not require tenant consent. Once the lease has been signed, the credit check may only be performed with tenant consent or for the purpose of planning for debt collection.
• Credit check costs are tax-deductible.
• Before performing a credit check, you should verify the identity of the applicant. Only accept official IDs, such as a driver’s license or a passport.
• If an absolute guarantee provided by another person is used as the security deposit, the landlord is entitled to perform a credit check on the guarantor without guarantor consent before signing a lease and a guarantee obligation.
• You should notify each relevant person of the credit check unless it is performed for debt collection purposes.
• NOTE! If you perform a credit check for multiple candidates, always start a new check by using the link on the Finnish Landlord Association’s website. This way you get a reduced price.
• If you have any issues, please contact Bisnode’s customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org
The credit check is available to you at a member price when you log in to Bisnode using the link below.